In this time of uncertainty, a fundamental truth gives us hope – that we are bigger together. These past few months, the entire world has come together to stand up, help out, and give back. We’ve seen this in our community every day.
Your support has provided access to additional community resources for hundreds of families we serve, has kept our Littles connected virtually to important adults, their Bigs, and has given our professional staff the ability to continue defending the potential of children in Southwest Michigan.
On May 5, Big Brothers Big Sisters is participating in #GivingTuesdayNow, a global day of unity and giving. This crisis has had a huge impact on our annual fundraising events and later this year, without your support, will impact our continued ability to ignite the power and promise of youth.
Ways to gear up for #GivingTuesdayNow:
- Donate now and stand with us to defend potential
- Follow us on Facebook for stories about your impact
- Forward this message to friends and family and encourage them to join the movement
- Sign up for a virtual volunteer information session and learn more about being a Big
- Show your support in the community:
- Put paper hearts in your window
- Use a BBBS #GivingTuesdayNow profile picture frame on Facebook. Search for “Big Brothers Big Sisters Giving Tuesday Now” under frames.
- Make a video or go live on social media in the next week to answer any of the following questions. Share your video or email the public permalink to email@example.com – and you could be featured on our Facebook page on 5/5
- Why do you support Big Brothers Big Sisters?
- What does being a mentor mean to you?
- How has a mentor impacted your life?
- What message would you want a child to hear right now?
- Where have you seen kindness in our community?
- Create a sign with your answer to one of the questions above. Take a picture of yourself holding the sign and share it on social media or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
#GivingTuesdayNow is a new global day of giving and unity that will take place on May 5, 2020 – in addition to the regularly scheduled Dec 1, 2020 #GivingTuesday – as an emergency response to the unprecedented need caused by COVID-19. The day is designed to drive an influx of generosity, citizen engagement, business and philanthropy activation, and support for communities and nonprofits around the world.
#GivingTuesdayNow is organized by GivingTuesday, in partnership with its global network of leaders, partners, communities and generous individuals. GivingTuesday is a nonprofit organization that is dedicated to unleashing the power of people and organizations to transform their communities and the world.