Big Brothers Big Sisters of America is releasing content focused on diversity, equity, and inclusion each Tuesday for Bigs and Parents.
This series, called Race, Relationships, and Resources can be accessed in the Learning Exchange. Its goal is to help equip our volunteers and Littles’ parents (along with staff and board) to discuss race, racial justice, and uncover ways of dismantling these systems of oppression from our society.
Training and content playlists already released include:
- Activities and Resources for Group Activities
- Understanding Race and Racism
- Anti-Racist and Racial Equity Resources
- Talking to Youth about Race and Racism
- TED Talks
- Book and Media Recommendations
- Talking to Youth about Community Violence
Even if you’re not involved in the program, BBBSA has made a public recommendation list with books, films, and podcasts for every age group.
For help accessing the Learning Exchange, please contact your Mentoring Relationship Specialist.