In this time of uncertainty, a fundamental truth gives us hope – that we are bigger together. This year, the entire world has come together to stand up, help out, and give back. We’ve seen this in our community every day.
Your support has provided access to additional community resources for hundreds of families we serve, has kept our Littles connected virtually to important adults, their Bigs, and has given our professional staff the ability to continue defending the potential of children in Southwest Michigan.
On December 1, Big Brothers Big Sisters is participating in #GivingTuesday, a global day of unity and giving. The coronavirus crisis has had a huge impact on our annual fundraising events and looking forward to 2021, without your support, will impact our continued ability to ignite the power and promise of youth.
Ways to gear up for #GivingTuesday:
- Donate now and stand with us to defend potential. Your gift will be matched dollar for dollar, doubling your impact
- Follow us on Facebook for stories about your impact
- Forward this message to friends and family and encourage them to join the movement
- Sign up for a virtual volunteer information session and learn more about being a Big
- Show your support in the community:
- Share Big Brothers Big Sisters’ messages of impact and need on social media and via email
- Make a video or go live on social media in the next week to answer any of the following questions. Share your video or email the public permalink to email@example.com – and you could be featured on our Facebook page on 12/1
- Why do you support Big Brothers Big Sisters?
- What does being a mentor mean to you?
- How has a mentor impacted your life?
- What message would you want a child to hear right now?
- Where have you seen kindness in our community?
- Create a sign with your answer to one of the questions above. Take a picture of yourself holding the sign and share it on social media or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
#GivingTuesday is a global day of giving and unity that will take place on Dec 1, 2020. The day is designed to drive an influx of generosity, citizen engagement, business and philanthropy activation, and support for communities and nonprofits around the world, and is more critical than ever in response to the unprecedented need caused by COVID-19.
#GivingTuesday is organized by GivingTuesday, in partnership with its global network of leaders, partners, communities and generous individuals. GivingTuesday is a nonprofit organization that is dedicated to unleashing the power of people and organizations to transform their communities and the world.